Fancy racing your mates up the Alpe d'Huez? Or meeting for a casual Beach Road bunchie? With FulGaz 4.0 you can create your own group rides and races! It’s as simple as choosing a course, selecting a start time and inviting your friends to join you! Read on for steps to creating and also entering group rides.
Create your own group ride in 5 easy steps!
1) Choose your video. Fancy a recovery ride? A fast paced time trial? Or maybe a climb? Any FulGaz ride can be turned into a group ride! Simply select the ride you wish to use and hit the “+ Group Ride” button. Note that the group ride feature does not presently support riding multiple laps of a course.
2) Select a start and closing time. The start time is the earliest entry to the event. You can leave your event open for as long as you like depending on whether you’re planning a group ride or an open event. Below you can see I’ve set mine up to be open for 10 minutes (a group ride that allows for late entries).
3) Give your ride a title. You can leave these as the default descriptions, but it's recommended you give your ride a unique name. Describe your ride! Is it a relaxed 2.0w/kg spin? Or an all-out race? You also might like to add a message of encouragement that is displayed at the start and finish of your ride.
4) Hit CREATE GROUP RIDE. Once you've created your ride, your unique group ride code will be displayed on the following screen. This is your personal code and will remain the same for every group ride you create.
5) Share your code! Share your invite code with all of your friends, let everybody know, shout it from the rooftops, paint it on your garage door (okay, maybe don't do that). The more people you get on board, the more fun FulGaz group rides are!
How to enter a group ride...
1) Enter your invite code. If you’ve been given a code, you’ll need to enter this in order to to see that person's group rides. In the top right corner of the main rides page you’ll see an “avatar” icon next to the settings cog. Hit that, then on the following screen enter your invite code. These codes are unique to each FulGaz user so once you enter this code, you’ll see every group ride that user creates!
2) Find your group ride. Navigate to the “Group Rides and Races” collection along the top, then select the group ride you wish to enter! All public events will be listed along here, plus any private rides that you have been given the invite code for. You’ll see a countdown over the ride tile letting you know how long to go until the event starts.
3) Enter the event. Enter your chosen event and wait for the countdown to hit zero! It's recommended that you download the ride video previous to this. There’s no need to hit RIDE once the clock counts down. Once it gets to zero, your ride will start automatically.
4) Enjoy the ride! Keep tabs on your mates using the leaderboard on the right, it shows your elapsed time and the time difference to each rider on course compared to you. You’ll also see their position on the on-screen map (you can drag this around the screen to suit you).
Once the ride is complete you will be prompted to upload your ride as normal. A link to your ride’s leaderboard will be included in the post-ride email.