FulGaz ride videos rely on a constant internet connection to our ride video server so that they can be successfully streamed to your device. The faster you ride (and the faster the video plays) the higher connection speed that you will need.
To reliably stream FulGaz rides you will need a sustained internet speed of double the bitrate of the video file. For each of the three quality settings, this works out to roughly:
4K = 40 Mbit/s
1080p = 12 Mbit/s
720p = 8 Mbit/s
If you do experience playback issues, firstly try closing any other apps or programs that may be running in the background, these can often still be using bandwidth. Internet speeds can also vary depending on the time of day and how many other household members are using the internet!
If you do continue to experience playback issues, head to FulGaz settings -> video settings, and...
- Tick the "Disable HLS Streaming" option
- Un-tick the "Enable Hardware Acceleration" option (Windows only)
- Set your video preference to 1080p or even 720p
A few other tips that may help:
- Download the ride video in full beforehand, this reduces the required processing power, and reliance on your home internet connection
- Give your home WiFi router a reboot (power off, on again)
- Ensure there is at least 5GB of free space on your device
- Install any pending software and video driver updates for your device
- If using Windows, updating to Windows 11 may help