If your FulGaz video keeps stopping or you see "0" power (or cadence) on screen while you are still pedalling hard, the culprit is usually the signal from your trainer being blocked and dropping its connection to your FulGaz device.
All the wireless equipment in your house is producing a signal that can interfere with the connection between FulGaz and your trainer. Mobile phones, wireless doorbells, wireless keyboards, Bluetooth speakers, etc. They all “clog” the airwaves with signals. The more devices you have in the proximity of your trainer, the more likely you are to experience dropouts or interference.
- Turn off as many other devices as possible or move them further away. Try not to place any other device directly between your trainer and the device running FulGaz.
- Where possible, use Bluetooth rather than ANT+ connection. Bluetooth is far more reliable and less likely to drop out from interference.
- If you’re using an ANT+ dongle, moving the dongle closer to the trainer can reduce signal dropouts. An easy way to do this is to use a USB extension cable from your PC or laptop. These can be found in various lengths from most electronics outlets or online stores. A 2-metre cable is usually enough.
A few other “Signal Detox” tips:
- Download the videos first, rather than streaming.
- Make sure no other app is connected or trying to connect to your trainer.
- If your iPad or device is in a hard case, take it out.
- If your Apple TV is behind the TV or hidden away, move it into the open.
- Keep at least 5GB of free hard drive space (especially on Apple TV and iPad/iPhone).
- If you are streaming to a TV, try riding without and see if that helps.
- Plug the device in to mains power while riding.
- Put any other devices nearby in aeroplane mode.
Many other devices also use the 2.4GHz bandwidth (same as Bluetooth) such as home WiFi networks. All of these devices are fighting to get their signal through and the usual winner is WiFi. If you can remove WiFi from the mix completely by creating a 5GHz WiFi network and connecting to it, this usually wipes out all these problems.
FulGaz can suffer from interference a lot more than other apps because of the detail in the ride data. It will be controlling the resistance of your trainer every second of every ride. Reducing any nearby interference will result in a much smoother and more enjoyable experience!